The year is coming to a close and one of the most popular wedding trends since last year was wedding hashtags. These hashtags allow the couple to easily find photos that guests have taken and shared on social media. We love this idea and the hashtags that have come out of it. This trend also seems like it will be sticking around a while, so here are some tips to making your own, plus some inspiration at the end.
1. Just your names is fine- If you just want something simple your names or shortened versions of them will always work. First names, last names, new last name, or nicknames are also super easy for guests to remember.
2. Use dates- Especially if you are using names, dates will help set your hashtag apart from others. You can use the month and date of the wedding, the date and year, just the year, any combination of dates that you think works best.
3. Not too long- It’s understandable if you have longer names that your hashtag might get kind of lengthy, but this leaves more room for typos and misspellings.
4. Get creative- Wedding hashtags offer a good place for some fun word play, puns, rhymes, and alliterations make for funny and memorable hashtags.
5. Start with a Brainstorm- Write down your names, any nicknames, wedding related words, and inside jokes or even the wedding venue. Coming up with hashtags is easier when you have a lot of words in front of you to put together.
6. Don’t stress about it- Making a wedding hashtag is suppose to be fun, not stressful. You have enough other stuff to stress about, so if you think you are working to hard to come up with one try tabling it until later.
7. Check the hashtag- Be sure to check all social media for the hashtag you want to use. If there are already a lot of photos with that hashtag, you might want to consider something else.
Examples for Inspiration